This week I got a sweet email from Wendi at Prsd4tim2 to let me know that I had won the Stylish Blogger Award. I usually feel like there can’t be people actually reading this blog, so I was a little surprised! Thank you Wendi!
There are rules to follow, so here goes:
• Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
• Share 7 things about yourself
• Award some recently discovered great bloggers
• Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.
It’s sad, but as I’m typing this I can’t even think of 7 things to write about myself! Let’s see….
1. I started sewing when I was 16. After my grandmother passed away, we discovered that she had written my name on the bottom of her sewing machine. That started it all and I haven’t looked back!
life sewing is fueled by Dr.Pepper. I’m currently trying to give up drinking it for the 87th time. (I will probably have failed by the time you read this. )
3. I dream of living in an old Farmhouse. My husband is not sold on the idea. I’ve decided that in the meantime my house should reflect my taste, so many DIY projects have ensued. I think he’s realizing that it may be cheaper to just buy an old farmhouse at the rate I’m going to make it appear as though we live in one.
4. This fall my oldest will start Kindergarten and my youngest will be in 5-day preschool. How is this possible!? Time goes so quickly…
5. I’m expanding our garden this year. I’m giddy waiting for the last frost day so I can start transplanting. This year we will have 3 kinds of heirloom and 2 kinds of organic tomatoes, sunberries, strawberries, organic potatoes, 5-color Silverbeet Chard, organic sweet corn, green beans, yellow zucchini, and yellow onions.
6. I love to read. I just discovered that I can ‘check out’ books at my library online and they will email me when the books are ready for pickup. WHAT? This has added years to my life.
7. 13 is my lucky number. I was born on Friday, the 13th of August. ooohhh creepy, huh?
On to the awarding…
1. Ellison Lane Quilts – Jennifer is in one of my virtual quilting bees. She makes beautiful quilts and if you’re in the Charlotte, NC area, get excited, because she’s starting a branch of the MQG there!
2. Fiber of All Sorts – Shanna is also in a vqb with me. She is so encouraging and has the best attitude about trying new things. I love following her stash report of what she’s bought/used and her new 241 tote!
4. Say Yes Juliet – Sarah was in a quilt bee with me and I’d previously followed her through flickr. She is amazingly sweet and I am inspired by her sense of color and design.
Congrats, ladies, a Stylish Blogger Award is coming your way!
Thanks again Wendi!
P.S. Look how my Threadheads Bee quilt is coming! EEK!!